Table of Contents
What We Do
We commit to pursue the collective interest for the good of all, and work with like-minded persons, organisations with shared values, volunteers and others whose mission is to contribute to the development and sustainable opportunities for our people, our planet and our purpose.
The Foundation provides a diverse suite of support and services to organisations, groups and communities – nationally, regionally and internationally. Our programmes are aligned to the commitment of achieving the aspirations of the Sustainable Development Goals.
How We Do It
The Foundation, in its mandate to provide hope and a window to solutions for common issues facing humanity, mobilizes citizens of the planet earth (individuals, corporate, institutions, groups, federations, agencies, inter alia…), to actively participate in the selfless economy and conscious capitalism. The pathway of social enterprise is diffused to relieve poverty, suffering and distress by promoting social equity, wealth creation and sustainable livelihoods through utilising strategies premised on transformative socio economic developmental models grounded in the selfless economy.
Through the Apparitions and Visitation of Our Lady of the Roses, September, 30 1991 at Hutton Road, St. Ann’s, Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies.
Achieving universal peace and harmony through selfless service to others.
Board of Directors
Sterling Belgrove is Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of The Rose Foundation for the last twenty-five (25) years. He has a distinguished career in the corporate and non- profit sectors. His work in advocating and working for social and economic justice and sustainability in communities, earned him a position as facilitator of social and community development in the office of the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago where he served as advisor to two (2) sitting Prime Ministers of the country for over twelve (12) years.
Mr. Belgrove has served as a specialist consultant to the World Bank and other Multi-lateral Agencies. He is a member of the Lunar Federation and a life member of the International Association of Business Leaders and currently lectures the MBA program at his alma mater, Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom and sits as Board Member and Advisor to numerous local and international organisations.
Mr. Belgrove is an Ambassador for Peace with the Universal Peace Federation and President of the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter and has most recently been awarded an Honorary Doctorate In the Humanities from the Academy of Universal Global Peace, USA, an Inter-Governmental Organization under the United Nations & European Union and a Certificate of Excellence from the United Nations University for Global Peace for social development initiatives and impact on humanity.
Marcia Mc Clashie Belgrove
Marcia Mc Clashie Belgrove is Co-founder, Director and Corporate Secretary of the Rose Foundation responsible for ensuring that the organisation’s philosophy of “service to others before self” is maintained. Mrs. Belgrove is a Visionary and the Spiritual Director of The Rose Foundation.
Her work in advocating and working for social and economic justice and sustainability in communities, earned her a position as facilitator of social and community development in the office of the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago where she served as advisor to two (2) sitting Prime Ministers of the country. Mrs. Belgrove holds a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from the Australian Institute of Business and is also a Founder/Director of a number of social enterprises.
Mrs. Belgrove was most recently conferred an Honorary Doctorate in the Humanities from the Academy of Universal Global Peace, USA, an Inter-Governmental Organization under the United Nations & European Union and a Certificate of Excellence from the United Nations University for Global Peace in acknowledgement of her social service engagement and contribution to humanity.
Ms. Anisa Oliviel emerged from the cosmos in the beautiful twin island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Ms. Anisa Oliviel is a Director of The Rose Foundation and holds a degree in Politics and Law, graduating with First Class Honors in the field of Politics from the University of Bradford, United Kingdom and subsequently earned a Post Graduate Diploma in Research Methods from the same institution.
Ms. Oliviel is also the holder of a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) majoring in Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation from Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom. Ms. Oliviel’s work experience spans almost two decades in the voluntary sector both in the United Kingdom and Trinidad and Tobago. Her current research interest is on the impact of poverty and the role of NGOs in crime prevention in Latin America and the Caribbean.
She was recently appointed as a Peace Ambassador with the Academy of Universal Global Peace, USA and is also an Ambassador for Peace with the Universal Peace Federation International. Guided by a desire for justice and equity, Ms. Oliviel is passionate about youth and children’s development and is an advocate for continuous education. Her mantra is based on the Divine Philosophy of Our Lady of the Roses “It is time for all men to be friends with each other” and “The gain is not for this life, but for eternal life”.
Ann Marie Garcia
Anne-Marie Garcia is a Director of The Rose Foundation and has been an educator in the Trinidad and Tobago Secondary Education System for over forty (40) years and is proficient in Visual and Performing Arts. She is the founder and director of the St. Joseph School of Art which focuses traditional and therapeutic art and provides tutorship for students from ages 2 to 80 years old. She provides a window of opportunity for the acquisition of new skills sets which allows individual creative expression and communities to visually tell their story. Ms. Garcia is well known for her ground breaking work with challenged children particularly those with Downes Syndrome. She lives by the divine words of Jesus Christ to his disciples: “Suffer the Little Children to come unto Me, and Forbid them not”.
- We intervene, formulate, coordinate and facilitate initiatives with a view to impact poverty reduction, equity building and social mobility.
- We ensure the fullest participation of communities and/or stakeholders in the design and implementation of projects for their own development, through collective action
- We identify resources and influence the leveraging, harnessing and utilisation of resources intrinsic to local communities, to stimulate community economic development.
- We facilitate interventions to enable stakeholders to optimise their socio-economic opportunities.
- We apply creative solutions and pathways to harness non-traditional resources to address challenges of life.
- International Governor’s Office – United Nations University for Global Peace – Trinidad and Tobago
- International Governor – Academy for Universal Global Peace – Trinidad and Tobago
- President’s Office – Universal Peace Federation Trinidad and Tobago –
- Former Chair – United Nations Development Programme, Global Environment Facility, Small Grants Programme, National Steering Committee
- Vice President’s Office – St. George East Branch Association of Village & ‘ Community Councils
- Former Office Vice Chair of National Board, Habitat for Humanity
- Former Office Chair of Regional Board (Sangre Grande), Habitat for Humanity
- Chair – Local School Board, St. Joseph Government Primary School
- National Representative – World Association of Non-Governmental Organisations (WANGO), USA
- Member – International Technical Planning Committee, Religious Youth Service, USA
- Member – ITPC, Universal Peace Federation, Germany
- Member – Inter American Development Bank Council of Civil Society
- Member – JB Fernandes Trust Alumni, Trinidad and Tobago
- Member – Civil Society Working Group Citizen Security Programme Ministry of National Security
- Dean – Ambassador for Peace Corp Trinidad and Tobago
- Secretary General – Port of Spain Civil Society Network
- Office of the President – Arima Agricultural Cooperative Society
- Advisor – Federal Capital Advisors LLC, USA
- Advisor – Overseas Filipino Workers Association, Trinidad and Tobago
- Advisor – Chinese Civic Association
- Advisor – National Congress of Incorporated Baptist
- Advisor – Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (1995 – 2005)
- Office of the Facilitator, Social & Community Development – Office of the Prime Minister, T&T (1995 – 2005)